New F-C-D Line of Irons: This is Your Game. Make it Personal.
CHICAGO, January 20, 2014 – Wilson Staff, the iron manufacturer with more majors won than any other brand, is proud to present the launch of its 2014 line. Centered on a new campaign, “This is Your Game. Make it Personal.”, the company encourages and educates golfers to find the irons that perfectly suit their individual playing styles.
The Wilson Staff F-C-D (Feel-Control-Distance) system defines three primary player styles and is the start to the custom fitting process. Feel (F) players value precision and shot-shaping, relying on feel for feedback. On the other end of the spectrum, Distance (D) players demand distance, forgiveness and confidence-inspiring clubs at address. The Control (C) player who lies between the F and D categories generally looks for a crossover of iron attributes – a more player’s club look at address with the added benefit of distance and accuracy related technologies.
“Like fingerprints, every golfer has a unique swing and approach to the game,” comments Michael Vrska, Global Director of R&D. “The team at Wilson Staff understands those subtle differences and the design of our equipment along with our F-C-D fitting system reflects it. We want every golfer to perform their best and these new irons will help players do that.”
With three new Wilson Staff iron sets launching in 2014, the F-C-D spectrum is indeed covered. Within the Feel category, the new FG Tour™ M3 irons provide Feel players with a new level of precision and enhanced softness through impact. The C100™ irons fit Control players into a playable, powerful crossover iron set designed with the right amount of forgiveness, power and shot-making capability. The award-winning D100™ irons and the new, even more forgiving D100 ES™ hybrid-irons help Distance players obtain a longer, higher, straighter ball flight.
“Whether you desire ultimate shot feedback, shot-shaping control, pure distance, or somewhere in between,” explains Global Director of Marketing Doug Thiel, “our new line has got you covered.”
Engineered specifically for the Feel player, the all-new forged FG Tour M3 irons are loaded with the precision and feel of a blade, yet with added forgiveness, especially in the long irons:
- Forged 8620 carbon steel with nickel-chrome plating and a matte black PVD finish reduces glare and provides a premium look.
- Advanced variable face thickness and back cavity designs enhance workability and flight trajectory control, while adding an unexpected level of forgiveness to a forging.
- Improved sole design with increased radius and camber optimizes turf interaction and workability.
- The result of extensive design and testing input from Wilson Staff Advisory members including three-time major winner Padraig Harrington, major winner Paul Lawrie, Kevin Streelman and Ricky Barnes.
With playability achieved through an optimal head shape and powerful distance attained by a large, unsupported face, the Wilson Staff C100 irons are perfectly suited for the Control player:
- Optimized head design with a sleek mirror black PVD finish and contrasting face, sole and Exoskeleton™ features promote visible technology and confidence at address.
- Exoskeleton weighting accounts for about one-third of the total head mass, maximizing the MOI and forgiveness while still maintaining a midsize head.
- A stronger, stainless steel material allows for Wilson Staff’s thinnest faced Control iron yet, creating faster ball speeds and longer distances.
Distance is paramount in the Golf Digest Hot List™ award-winning D100 irons as well as the new D100 ES hybrid-iron set by applying what Wilson Staff calls The Right Light™ technology – using the limited available weight to engineer a powerful, balanced, solid-feeling club. With this technology, distance players are able to swing the club faster with the same effort:
- Weight is distributed optimally across the shaft, grip and head to make each iron in the set perform at The Right Light.
- A large, thin iron face delivers faster ball speeds and unsurpassed distance.
- Exoskeleton technology coupled with an undercut cavity allocates more mass in the sole, heel and toe areas for extreme perimeter weighting and more forgiveness.
- Optimized head proportions throughout the iron set deliver ideal launch angles, ball speeds and spin rates for each loft.
- The integrated hybrid-iron set with The Right Light technology provides Distance players another option with even more forgiveness.
- Larger, rounder hybrid and iron heads feature Exoskeleton technology to maximize MOI and forgiveness, which can benefit a wide range of players, but especially slower swing speeds.
- Refined length spacing between the hybrids and the irons creates optimal launch and spin and consistent club-to-club distance gapping.