Location: Chicago USA
Working under managerial direction, provides design and creation for the Marketing personnel, Art Directors and department Director. Also responsible for the design and production of projects and other special sales incentive items to support marketing and sales efforts of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility, satisfactorily:
- Works with Marketing, Sales, Graphics Director and Art Directors to gather information for layouts and concepts all the way through production phases.
- Performs design and production from initial layouts through completion of brochures, catalogs, logo designs, packaging, point of purchase displays, product cosmetics and headcards and other specialty projects as assigned by Marketing, Sales and Graphics Art Directors and Director.
- Coordinates the transfer and sampling of graphics files for packaging and product graphics with foreign and domestic vendors.
- Coordinates with Production Staff to define specifications for quoting and bidding of various projects within defined design perimeters of project to ensure quality and proper execution.
- Works with Production Staff to provide marketing with cost estimates on a project-by-project basis regarding outside costs involved.
- Works with Staff Photographer on coordinating and providing product, photo layouts and background concepts for various projects.
- Responsible for the ongoing implementation of Macintosh computers as a production tool to achieve cost saving company goals. Learns software, creates artwork with others in the department, works with consultants and attends seminars to expand computer knowledge.
- Responsible for maintaining the job log for project tracking as well as individual time tracking sheets in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a degree (AA or BS) in Graphic Arts or a related field
- 3-5 years working experience in a small design firm or Corporate in-house graphics department
- Requires a excellent working knowledge of Macintosh computers and graphics related software scanner and printers. Needs a basic working knowledge of photography, film separations and printing processes. Conventional design and illustration abilities a plus.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
EEO - M/F/D/V