Product Manager - Atec
Location: Chicago, IL USA
This position will lead in the strategy development and execution of initiatives specific to ATEC that include: Packaging, ecommerce, brand marketing, public relations, promotion creation/analysis, creative development and product line management that ties into marketing initiatives, including product offerings and pricing, inventory management and reaching sales objectives. This individual will be responsible for the strategy, development and execution of our branded/retail presence at key baseball/softball events including College World Series (pop up store), NFCA and ABCA. Additionally, as Wilson/DeMarini shifts into Ecommerce, this person will play a key role in the execution of key web initiatives and ensuring that players are able to find and buy our products online.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility effectively:
- Lead in strategy development and execution of actionable marketing plans and trade support programs driving overall business growth -on-line marketing and (new) E-commerce sales
- Develop and manage key business initiatives, leveraging internal resources at ATEC to develop business plans, product offerings and sales opportunities to reach business objectives
- Manage the conceptualization, development, design, creation and logistics for yearly trade shows and key baseball/softball events and DeMarini Pop-Up Store at the CWS in Omaha
- Demonstrate thought leadership by pushing for innovation, recommending and gaining alignment on key initiatives and measured risk within the team
- Stays abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization, and adjusts strategies and plans accordingly
- Collaborate with internal creative services team to develop materials that support marketing initiatives
- Manage external resources to reach objectives on key marketing initiatives
- Provide post analytical analysis of initiative performance to key team members
- Monitor and analyze branded and competitive activity, including distribution, brand share, promotional effectiveness, pricing, and category trends.
- Responsible for management, planning and performance of third party event contractor
- Responsible for transferring knowledge and skills to leverage internal tools to manage brand websites
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Sports Management required
- 1-3 years of marketing, event management or retail experience preferred
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid understanding of the following areas: event management, advertising; promotions, point-of-sale marketing, public relations
- Excellent analytic and project management skills
- Detail oriented, highly motivated and self driven
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to interact with all functional areas and levels of management
- Driven to understand consumer behavior and passion for the sports that they and we love
- Ability to think strategically and also execute with excellence.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Ability to work in a complex culture, serving disparate needs would be ideal
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential; strong, dedicated work ethic and an impeccable character
EEO - M/F/D/V