Territory Sales Manager, Team Sports
Location: Wisconsin USA
The Territory Sales Manager manages the sales efforts and operations for a defined territory to achieve and exceed revenue targets and market share growth objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility effectively:
- Achieve the annual territory sales plan revenue and distribution objectives in the defined territory and meet the annual key product category objectives.
- Develop, plan, and execute a strategic sales plans in selling to and managing Team Dealers, Sporting Goods Retailers, Mass Merchants and other trade channels.
- Maximize in-person contact and sales call coverage with assigned accounts, colleges, universities, high schools, travel organizations, and leagues.
- Increase Wilson's brand presence and image with customers and consumers through promotional activity.
- Aggressively seek out and develop new business partners and accounts strategically within territory.
- Keep Regional Manager informed of trade related information on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key personnel in each account.
- Complete all reports and records required and submit on a timely basis.
- Bachelors Degree, equivalent work experience may be substituted
- 2-3 years sales experience in packaged goods or related industry
- Prior customer service and outside sales experience in a packaged goods or related industry is preferred
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to sell, influence and negotiate
- Strong oral and written communication skills required within and outside the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical ability, and strategic planning
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Extensive travel required
- Must have reliable transportation; home office environment required
- Passion for team based sports strongly preferred
EEO - M/F/D/V