Global Art Director - Graphics
Location: Chicago USA
Working independent of daily managerial direction, the Global Art Director performs and coordinates the design and production of marketing materials including ads, catalogs, brochures, packaging, product graphics, and other special sales incentive items to support the marketing and sales efforts of the company. This position works closely with marketing in developing strategic marketing plans and monitors the companies brand/corporate identity. Provides leadership and direction to other designers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility, satisfactorily:
- Coordinates the larger company and divisional projects (i.e. National Sales Meetings, Events, Company Meetings, Trade Shows, etc.) with department Director for scheduling and budgets.
- Helps to develop strategic plans with Marketing (i.e. new product launches, product sub-brand names & logos, etc.) as well as departmental focus related to providing design and software usage direction and mentoring.
- Develops and maintains Corporate Identity system by monitoring design styles that distinguish corporate divisions and product categories within divisions, keeping a consistent look and message to solidify advertising messages and brand equity.
- Responsible for the development of actual product shapes with an industrial design rendering type approach. Coordinates with Research & Development to maintain playability and performance characteristics. Follows up with the product graphics, including color finishes, medallions and overall look to the finished items.
- Art directs package design, from initial concept through printing, including structural and graphic design, providing high quality design solutions for marketing and sales groups.
- Art directs graphic design, from initial concept through printing, including advertising, catalog design/layout, brochures, logo design, and point of purchase design, providing high quality design solutions for marketing sales group.
- Performs design research of current trends and competitive design audits to provide current/up-to-date design solutions.
- Oversees art production with department Director on above projects to ensure cost effective on-time delivery of all graphic design projects.
- Oversees cost control with production and Director to provide marketing and sales groups with affordable design solutions within a budget.
- Maintains the job log for project tracking as well as individual time tracking sheets in an accurate manner.
- Requires a degree (AA or BS) in a graphic arts field
- 10+ years experience in an advertising/design agency or corporate in-house graphics environment.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
Requires an expert working knowledge of Macintosh computer systems and related software packages, scanners and printers.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding ofphotography, film separations and printing techniques.
- Requires some travel to photo shoots, press OK's, trade shows, etc. that may include overnight, weekend and out of town stay.
- Works with very limited supervision, directly with key marketing and management personnel.
- This person is the main design lead to establish branding and visual approaches for the company.
- Focus on the image of the brand relating to consumer marketing (advertising, catalogs, etc), product design and look and log usages.
- Must have the ability to teach and mentor design concepts and be a leader of the designers and production staff.
EEO - M/F/D/V