New FG Tour M3 Family: the Multi Fit System
CHICAGO, January 17, 2014 – Wilson Staff, the iron manufacturer with more majors won than any other golf brand, will introduce a new family of “F”, or “Feel”, products within its 2014 equipment line.
Following a successful release of the D100 family of products – tailored for the “D” player seeking distance and accuracy – Wilson Staff will launch a full line specifically for the Feel player. As defined by Wilson Staff in its F-C-D player profiling, the Feel player is more often the low handicap player who relies on impact feedback and values precision and shot-shaping ability.
Designed with extensive input from Wilson Staff tour professionals regarding the look, sound and feel of each product, the new Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 irons, driver, fairway woods and hybrids allow players everywhere to personalize their game.
Multi Fit System™
The unique Wilson Staff Multi Fit System allows players to customize loft and weight to optimize ball flight in all of the new FG Tour M3 metal woods and hybrids. Six adjustable hosel settings and three interchangeable sole weights can be modified to maximize club head and ball speeds, while obtaining the right launch angle and spin rate for enhanced distances. Responding to the trend of tour players putting lighter equipment into play, the Wilson Staff research and development team has set out to infuse its The Right Light™ technology, geared for the better player, into the new FG Tour M3 clubs. Optimizing the head, shaft and grip weight across each type of club has proven to increase both distance and control for players at all calibers.
Wilson Staff’s first adjustable driver features six separate loft settings and three performance-enhancing sole weight options:
- The loft and sole weight options in the Multi Fit System make this driver customizable for optimized trajectory and increased club head speeds.
- A variable thickness face maximizes CT across the face and increases ball speeds.
- The lighter chemically-etched crown helps create a favorable sound and ideal mass redistribution.
- The deep face, smaller footprint and tour-preferred pear shape make the 460cc head appear more compact at address.
- An iced matte painted crown and black PVD finish provides an understated yet performance inspiring look.
The driver head comes set at an initial loft of 9.5°. Based on the player’s preferred ball flight, lofts can be adjusted from 8.5° to 11.5° in half degree increments.
Also featuring six loft settings and three performance-enhancing sole weight options, the FG Tour M3 fairway wood is ideal for Feel players off the tee and from the fairway or rough:
- The loft and sole weight options in the Multi Fit System make these fairway woods customizable for ideal trajectory and increased club head speeds.
- Variable thickness face and crown elements allow mass to be moved to optimize center of gravity and increase ball speeds.
The three head options come standard at initial lofts of 13.5°, 15.0° and 17.0°. Based on the player’s preferred flight, lofts can be adjusted from 12.5° to 19.0° in half degree increments, depending on the respective head.
Wilson Staff created the FG Tour M3 hybrids to perfectly compliment the FG Tour M3 irons and serve as a long iron replacement option:
- The Multi Fit System in the hybrids offers three loft settings in each head and the same three lofts at 2° upright lie angles - along with three sole weight options - for optimized trajectory and increased club head speeds.
- Loft changes allow Feel players to optimize distance and trajectory.
- Lie changes allow Feel players to improve control and turf interaction.
The four head options come standard at initial lofts of 17.0°, 19.0°, 21.0° and 23.0°. Based on the player’s preferred flight, lofts can be adjusted from 16.0° to 24.0° in half degree increments with upright options, depending on the respective head.
A Multi Fit System pouch will be included with every driver, fairway wood and hybrid purchase. Each pouch will contain an adjustability wrench, 3-gram and 11-gram sole weights (7-gram weight comes installed on all models) and an instructional booklet.
Forged forgiveness headlines the all-new FG Tour M3 irons. Constructed with extensive input from Wilson Staff tour professionals, the FG Tour M3 has the look, feel and workability of a forged player’s iron, while delivering an unexpected level of forgiveness:
- Forged from 8620 carbon steel with a matte black PVD finish.
- Progressive cavity design with optimized weight placement within each head. Mass is placed where it will benefit the golfer:
- Near the topline: thin on all irons for a lower center of gravity and great feel.
- Near the impact area: thinner in the long irons for increased ball speeds and distance, transitioning to thicker in the short irons for precision and workability.
- In the heel and toe area: as much mass as possible moved to the heel and toe in the long irons for an increased MOI and more forgiveness, transitioning to a more uniform thickness in the short irons for consistency and repeatability.
“Wilson Staff is dedicated to helping golfers play their best and having custom fit, personalized equipment is the best way to make that happen,” explains Global Director of R&D Michael Vrska. “We believe strongly in adjustability, especially for what we identify as a Feel player, so that trajectory can be optimized and ball speed can be maximized. The FG Tour M3 products and Multi Fit System will make a sometimes confusing task easier to understand and implement. We want golfers to go to the tee with clubs that are right for them. Remember, this is your game, make it personal.”.