WILSON LIMITED WARRANTY (EEA & Switzerland)
This Limited Warranty is given by Wilson Sporting Goods Co. with principal office located at 1 Prudential Plaza, 130 E. Randolph Street, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60601 United States of America (“Wilson”) and applies to residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland only.
This Limited Warranty is additional to any rights and remedies that you may have under local laws. Nothing in this Limited Warranty excludes or limits your legal or contractual rights, including any legal and/or contractual rights you may have against the Authorized Wilson Dealer from whom you purchased the Product.
1. PRODUCTS IN SCOPE
This Limited Warranty applies to the following products of the Wilson family of brands (each, a “Product”; collectively, the “Products”):
|Wilson||Tennis - Rackets|
Racquetball – Rackets
Squash – Rackets
Badminton – Rackets
Platform – Paddles
Pickleball – Paddles
Padel – Paddles
Baseball/Softball – Ball gloves/mitts, catcher’s/umpire’s protective equipment, batting helmets, batter’s facemasks.
Football – Inflatable footballs intended for game, practice or training use (i.e., not mini or souvenir footballs).
Basketball – Inflatable basketballs intended for game, practice or training use (i.e., not mini or souvenir basketballs).
Soccer – Inflatable soccer balls intended for game, practice or training use (i.e., not mini or souvenir soccer balls).
Volleyball – Inflatable volleyballs intended for game, practice or training use (i.e., not mini or souvenir soccer balls) and volleyball carts.
Golf – Complete golf sets, golf irons, golf drivers, golf woods, golf hybrids golf wedges, golf putters, golf chippers, golf bags
|Wilson Staff||Golf irons, golf drivers, golf woods, golf hybrids golf wedges, golf putters, golf chippers, golf bags||2 years|
|Louisville Slugger||Ball gloves/mitts, catcher’s protective equipment, batting helmets, batter’s facemasks, non-wood bats||2 years|
|DeMarini||Ball gloves/mitts, batting helmets, batter’s facemasks, non-wood bats||2 years|
|Evoshield||Gel-to-Shell protective products, batting helmets, batter’s facemasks, defender’s facemasks, chin protectors||2 years|
|All Brands Listed Above||Equipment/gear bags & backpacks (excluding, golf bags)||2 years|
This Limited Warranty only applies to Products:
- which were new and unused at the time of purchase,
- which were purchased after 29th August 2018,
- which were purchased from an official Authorized Wilson Dealer located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland and
- which were purchased by a consumer resident in the European Economic Area or Switzerland at the date of purchase.
The Limited Warranty does not cover Products:
- which were purchased for business use or by any person not acting as a consumer,
- where the Limited Warranty was expressly excluded,
- which have been modified or altered including any inappropriate repair or repair by a dealer which is not an official Authorized Wilson Dealer or
- with illegible, removed, deleted or altered date codes or holograms (if applicable).
2. RIGHTS UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY AND WARRANTY PERIOD
Wilson warrants the Products against non-conformance with Wilson material and workmanship specifications for the applicable warranty period listed above commencing from the date of purchase by the consumer (“Original Purchaser”) from an official Authorized Wilson Dealer (“Warranty Period”). The date of purchase shall be demonstrated with the purchase receipt or other means to prove the date of purchase and the seller of the Product.
If your Product is covered by this Limited Warranty, Wilson will at its sole option and in its sole discretion:
- repair the Product (or part or component thereof),
- replace the Product (or part or component thereof) with the same (new or refurbished) model product (or part or component),
- replace the Product (or part or component thereof) with a comparable product (or part or component) should the Product be discontinued or otherwise unavailable, or
- provide you with either: (i) a voucher to be used toward the purchase of other Wilson products or products of the Wilson family on: www.wilson.com, or (ii) to the extent applicable law requires, a refund of the purchase price.
The provision of a repaired product or a replacement product does not start a new Warranty Period.
3. WHAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- normal wear and tear,
- cosmetic damage (scratches, surface deformations, discoloration) incl. natural fading in colors,
- damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper use, prolonged exposure to heat, weather humidity or steam treatment,
- failure to observe care instructions,
- rips, cuts and tears to the Product during use, or
- burns and abrasions.
4. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Your rights under this Limited Warranty are limited to the rights expressly set out herein. However, you may have additional legal rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed goods under local laws which apply to you. This Limited Warranty is additional to any legal rights you may have and does not in any way limit or exclude such legal rights.
Nothing in this Limited Warranty limits or excludes Wilson’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of applicable law.
5. THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATIONS
Any mark, graphic or sticker applied to the Product indicating that the Product is certified or compliant with the standard of a particular third party governing body (i.e., FIFA or NOCSAE) shall only represent that the Product was so certified at the time of its manufacture and not at any later time. Should the Product that was so certified or approved at the time of manufacture subsequently lose that certification or approval, then Wilson may or may not, at its sole option, develop a program for retro-fitting, repairing or replacing the Product and/or providing a voucher to be used toward the purchase of other Wilson products on www.wilson.com as applicable. In such cases, to the greatest extent permitted under applicable law, the remedies provided under such program shall be the sole and exclusive remedies available to the affected Product owner.
6. MAKING A WARRANTY CLAIM
To make a claim you need to fill out the Limited Warranty claim form available under http://wilson.com/en-gb/help/warranty/form for Wilson and Wilson Staff Products, Louisville Slugger Products, DeMarini Products, or for EvoShield Products and send it to the address indicated on the form.
The claim must be received by Wilson at the latest on the last day of the Warranty Period.
Upon receipt of your warranty claim, Wilson may (a) accept your claim for warranty service by Wilson, (b) request that you send your Product to Wilson for further evaluation of your claim, (c) deny your warranty claim if Wilson reasonably determines that your claim is not valid, or (d) direct you to the Authorized Wilson Dealer from whom you purchased the Product for warranty service.
If you have sent your Product to Wilson and Wilson determines that your Product is not covered by this Limited Warranty, then we will return your Product to you.
Wilson reserves the right to refuse warranty service to any person who, in Wilson’s sole discretion, abuses its products or warranty policy.
7. APPLICABLE LAW
This Limited Warranty shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the country in which the Original Purchaser has its residence.
This Limited Warranty shall apply only to the Original Purchaser. The Original Purchaser may not assign or transfer all or any of its rights under this Limited Warranty without the prior written consent of Wilson.
Last revised 29th August 2018.